Ctrl + C may be the most important work we do every day. But it's not a very safe thing to do. Read on to know why.
What happens when you press Ctrl + C while you are online?
We do copy various data by Ctrl + C for pasting elsewhere. This copied data is stored in clipboard and is accessible from the net by a combination of Java scripts and ASP. This is called clipboard hack problem.
Just try this:
1. Copy any text by Ctrl + C
2. Click the Link: http://www.sourcecodesworld.com/special/clipboard.asp
3. You will see the text you copied was accessed by this web page.
How Clipboard Hack is done?
The Clipboard hack is done by the following Source Code:
var content = clipboardData.getData("Text");
How to safeguard yourself from Clipboard Hack Problem?
To avoid clipboard hack problem, do the following:
1. Go to internet options>security.
2. Press custom level.
3. In the security settings, select disable under Allow paste operations via script.
Now the contents of your clipboard are safe.
Interestingly, this hack works only on internet explorer, and not on Mozilla Firefox browser.
Subscribe to 24onlineknowledge
By Subscribing with us you can get free latest notifications via your e-mail
Help: Write your e-mail ID in the following box and follow the instructions clicking on Submit link