There are 17 questions to test your IQ. Do not look at the answers found at the end of this document that would be cheating. Write each of your answers down, it makes a difference.
1. Two people were walking in opposite directions. Both of them walked 6 miles forward then took right and walked 8 miles. How far is each from starting positions?
a) 14 miles and 14 miles
b) 10 miles 10 miles
c) 6 miles 6 miles
2. A person has certain number of cows and birds. They have 172 eyes and 344 legs. How many cows and birds does he have?
3. A person has 14 red socks and 14 white socks in a drawer. What is the minimum number of socks that he should take to get a correct pair?
4. When a number is multiplied by 13, it becomes greater to 105 by an amount with which it is lesser to 105 by now. What is the number?
5. When asked in an exam how much time is left, the teacher answered that the amount of time left is 1/5 of the time already completed. How much time is left?
6. Two people on cycle are traveling at 10 miles/hour in opposite direction. When they are at a distance of 50 miles, a housefly lands on the first cyclist and then flies to the other at a speed of 16 miles/hour. What is the distance covered by fly?
7. My successor's father is my father's son. and I don't have any brothers or sons. Who is my successor?
8. A fast train leaves London for Brighton and at the same time a slow train leaves Brighton for London. The fast train leaves at 80 mph and the slow train travels at 35 mph. When they meet, which is farther from London?
9. A girl, a boy, and a dog start walking down a road. They start at the same time, from the same point, in the same direction. The boy walks at 5 km/h, the girl at 6 km/h. The dog runs from boy to girl and back again with a constant speed of 10 km/h. The dog does not slow down on the turn. How far does the dog travel in 1 hour?
10. A pool has four taps. The first tap takes two days to fill the pool, the second tap three days, the third four days and the last one only 6 hours. How long will it take to fill the pool using all 4 taps at once?
11. This was a burglary in the Silver City jewelry store last Sunday. Three suspects: Robert, Scott, and Tommy were caught and questioned. Each person said, "One of the other two stole it. I did not do it." Later on the police found out that Tommy was lying and there was only one thief. Who was the thief?
12. James visited an island. There were 2 tribes living on this island. The east tribal people always tell a lie. The west tribal people always tell the truth. James saw a guy passing him. He asked the tour guide to ask that guy where he lives. The tour guide asked the guy and came back with the answer: he lives over west. Did the tour guide tell the truth or tell a lie?
13. I have a horse. Do you know what color it is? Allan said, "I guess it is not black". Brian said, "It is either brown, or gray". Charlie said "I know it is brown". I said, "At least one of you is right and at least one of you is wrong." What is the color of my horse if the color is one of the above?
14. A lady and a gentleman are sister and brother. We do not know who is older. Someone asked them: Who is older? The sister said: I am older. The brother said: I am younger. At least one of them was lying. Who is older?
15. A six digit number 312132 has two 1's, two 2's and two 3's. This number has a very interesting attribute: 1 digit exists between two 1's, 2 digits exist between two 2's and 3 digits exist between two 3's. Can we add two more 4s to become an eight digit number and still holding the above attributes plus 4 digits exist between two 4s?
16. Suppose 8 monkeys take 8 minutes to eat 8 bananas. (a) How many minutes would it take 3 monkeys to eat 3 bananas? (b) How many monkeys would it take to eat 48 bananas in 48 minutes?
17. A group of friends went to a hotel for Dinner. After having their dinner the Bill Amount was of Rs 2400. So they decided to distribute it into equal amount for each. In the group two friends forget to bring their purses along with them. So later on it has been decided that Rs 100 has to be paid more by the other friends on calculated amount. So total how many friends were there in the Group?
IQ Test Answers:
The answers to IQ test questions
1. 10 miles each according to Pythagoras law.
2. Each Cow has 2 eyes and 4 legs and each bird has 2 eyes and 2 legs.
Let’s call each eye as x and each leg as y. Also each bird is n and each cow is m
So, n (2x+2y) + m (2x + 4y) = 172x+ 344y
=>2x (n + m) + 2y (n + 2m) = 172x +344y
Now, (n + m) = 86 and (n + 2m) = 172
n = 86 – m and n + 2m = 172
86-m + 2m = 172
=>m = 86
This implies n = 0.
So, the owner has 0 birds and 86 cows.
3. This is a classic probability puzzle and many puzzles are based on this logic. If the person picks up two socks then there is a possibility of them being different in color. If he picks up three socks then they are guaranteed red or white. So the minimum numbers of socks required are three.
4. Let the number be x
x = 105-y
13x = 105 + y
14 x = 210
x = 15
5. 10 minutes. The total time was one hour and already 50 minutes are over.
6. You can assume that when the fly lands on cyclist 1 they are 50 miles apart. The fly has to travel 50 + x miles at 16 miles/hour. Here x is the additional distance at 10 miles/hour. So the problem is now simplified as
y = 50 + x (distance)
(50 + x)/16 = x/10 (time)
500 + 10x = 16x
6x = 500
x = 250/3 = 83.33
y = 133.33
8. When they meet they are both at the same distance away from London.
9. 10 km. Because the dogs speed is 10 km/hour.
10. First, work out how much of the pool gets filled by each tap in one hour. The first tap takes 48 hours to fill the pool, so in one hour it fills 1/48 of the pool. The second tap 1/72. The third tap 1/96. And the fourth tap fills 1/6 of the pool in one hour. We need to add all those fractions together:
1/48 + 1/72 + 1/96 + 1/6 = 61/288
So, in one hour the pool will be 61/288 full and it will be completely full in 288/61 hours = 4 hours 43 minutes and 17 seconds.
11. Tommy was the thief. He was not telling the truth. He stole it.
12. If the guy was from the west, he should answer the truth: I am from the west. If the guy was from the east, he also should tell a lie: I am from the west. The answer will always be: 'I am from the west'. So we know the tour guide was telling the truth.
13. If the horse is brown. then every one is right. This is not the answer. If the horse is black, then every one is wrong. This is not the answer either. Therefore, the horse is gray. To verify the answer, Allan was right, Brian was right, but Charlie was wrong.
14. Since there is no conflict between what they said, it meant that either they both told a lie or both told the truth. In this case they both told a lie. The answer is the brother is older.
15. The number will be 41312432 or 23421314. Of course these 2 numbers are actually the same, just reverse the direction from one to become another one. The way to solve this is, first all, put down two 4s and reserve 4 spaces between these two 4s. Then you determine the positions for two 3s. Since you can not put both 3s between 4s, one 3 must be outside of two 4s. After that you just need to try a few cases to find out he answer.
16. (a) 8 Minutes because each monkey takes 8 minutes to eat a banana. (b) 8 Monkeys are required to eat 48 bananas in 48 minutes. Each money will eat 6 bananas.
17. There were 8 friends in the group. Each friend was to share Rs 300 to cover the cost of 2400.
Request TO THE VISITOR(S)
If You Feel That There Is a Correction Required
In This or Any Other Post(S) Then
You Are Most Welcome To Share
Your Thoughts In The Form OF Comments Below