A list of the largest Telecom Operators in world:
1. AT&T-the former SBC merged with AT&T creating the new AT&T (USA)
2. China Mobile-formerly China state owned, now still state controlled, one of two mobile phone monopolies in the entire China.
4. Verizon Communications-US based Telecom Company formed after a series of mergers.
5. Telefonica-Multinational company with stakes in Dpain, Latin America and Europe. Owns the O2 brand.
6. Deutsche Telekom-German Telecom Company, 6. Also owns tmobile.
7. America Movil-Mexican operator controlled by the world's richest man Carlos Slim.
8. NTT DoCoMo-One of Japan's telecom operators.
9. France Telecom-One of France's telecom companies.
10. Nippon Telegraph & Telephone-Japan's second largest telecom operator.
World's Largest Telecom Companies
We have revised the above list and came up with another list of 15 top telecom companies in world according to the number of subscribers as of February, 2010.
Rank Company Name Subscribers
1 China Mobile 522 Million
2 Vodafone Group 333 Million
3 Telefonica 202 Million
4 AmericaMovil 201 Million
5 Telenor Group 172 Million
6 Deutsche Telecom 151 Million
7 China Unicom 148 Million
8 TeliaSonera 148 Million
9 France Telecom 133 Million
10 Bharti Airtel 125 Million
11 MTN Group 116 Million
12 Mobile Telesystems 102 Million
13 Reliance Communications 100 Million
14 Orascom Telecom 93 Million
15 AT&T 85 Million
The 10.3 billion dollar deal between Bharti Airtel (the largest telecom service provider in India) & Zain makes it to the top 5 in the world. Before this deal, Bharti was at 10th place amongst the top telecom companies (operators) in the world.